|Caryn and Peter Boddie|
|Candidate Casper Stockham|
Other persons mentioned in the various emails include Mr. Stockham, U.S. Senate Candidate Darryl Glenn, and Derrick Wilburn, Vice-Chairman of the Colorado Republican Party.
|Candidate Darryl Glenn|
|Vice-Chair Derrick Wilburn|
There are (at this time) two distinct email threads, the Joey/Pete Thread, and the Joey/Caryn Thread. Due to file size, each thread has been broken up into multiple JPEG files, presented sequentially.
Important links central to these discussions include:
- a Guest Column by Derrick Wilburn (Colorado Springs Gazette)
- loathsome hit pieces about Darryl Glenn by Joey Bunch implying that he was a criminal and then a liar, example 1, example 2;
- culminating in this astonishingly vile Denver Post editorial;
- Mr. Glenn's reasoned and painful response to the Denver Post smears;
- a Gazette editorial addressing the smears;
- and a whole host of Denver Post articles about Casper Stockham and his historic campaign, along with articles about the historical election of a black conservative to a leadership position in the Colorado Republican Party (oops, correction, all those links seem to be missing).
THE EMAILS - JOEY/PETE THREAD (click to enlarge and read)Email 1 - Pete to Joey, a simple request to help obtain coverage for friend Casper's campaign
The referenced article is about a June debate between Rep. Dianna DeGette and primary opponent Chuck Norris. I (Citizen Pete) was there, as was Casper Stockham. I am also pretty certain I met Joe Bunch there, and I'm also pretty sure Joey met Casper. Casper would have certainly
Email 2 - Joey's response, at first reasonably positive, then decidedly dismissive and condescending response about Casper's chances and campaign.
"You can't declare your candidacy and expect the media to come find you."
This, by the way, was one year after Casper declared his candidacy, and after numerous contacts with another Denver Post political reporter, John Frank, in which Casper asked for coverage.
Email 3/4 - Pete to Joey, posing a question, along with Joey's "drop dead" response. Classy.
Email 4/5 - Pete to Joey - a professional response to a loathsome drop dead
The Caryn and Joey Emails, in which Citizen Caryn defends her husband and Joey calls Pete "loathsome". (coming soon)
UPDATE: Citizen Caryn has asked that we not include her emails at this time. This whole sordid affair has been pretty upsetting.