Friday, September 30, 2011

Citizen Pete Invited to Dine With President

PPPS (Denver) One of our readers, Citizen Pete, recently received a personal invitation to dinner from President Obama. Pete decided to share that life-changing letter (email), as well as his RSVP response, and we are happy to publish both for our readers.



Personal Email: President Barrack Obama to Citizen Pete, September 30, 2011.
**************************************************
Peter --

Because you and I don't have a lot of chances to have dinner together, I hope you'll take advantage of the one that's coming up this fall.

So if you've been sitting on this, now's the time to toss your name in the hat:


https://donate.barackobama.com/Dinner

I like these dinners not just because I get to hear from supporters like you, but because they're part of what makes our organization different.

Other campaigns save seats at the table for special-interest PACs and Washington lobbyists -- and you can see the effects in the decisions they make and the priorities they set.

Our campaign rejects all contributions from Washington lobbyists, and we refuse all money from corporate PACs. That means we're accountable only to the people, not special interests.

Instead, we're relying on millions of people like you giving just $3 or whatever you can pitch in.

Hope to see you soon:


https://donate.barackobama.com/Dinner

Thanks,

Barack

 

************************************************
Citizen Pete's Email Response, September 30, 2011

DEAR MR. PRESIDENT, SIR:

I apologize for the delay in responding to your invitation, but there must be something wrong with the RSVP link in your email. I tried several times, but the link kept requesting and then rejecting my credit card information.

I don't know why exactly, but it may have something to do with it being the end of the month, and with my wife being out of work for over six months now. Quite frankly, it was a little bit embarrassing.

But then, I guess you know about being overdrawn on an account or two. In fact, I heard a rumor that they were about to cut you off completely, until FEMA found that little stash of unspent cash. Those darn banks,   fat cat Wall Street types and Tea Party Republicans in Congress. Shame on them for threatening you like that.

Anyway, enough about that. I just wanted you to know how thrilled I was to get your invitation. And as much I'd like to come to the White House for dinner, I wouldn't want to take valuable dinner time away from your family, as I know how important that time is to you.

Instead, perhaps I could just get a free ticket to one of your fund-raising dinners. I hear the food and entertainment are pretty good at those. And maybe I could bring my wife too, as we haven't been dining out very often lately.

If that works for you, could you please arrange to seat us with some Hollywood celebrities, or maybe a green energy company executive, or gosh, maybe even with Warren Buffet. Then, maybe my wife could use the networking possibilities to land another job. And if nothing else, we might pick up a good investment tip.

Thanks again for the invitation. I look forward to hearing from you, and dining with you soon.

Your loyal supporter,

Citizen Pete
Littleton, Colorado

P.S. Give me a call When you are in Colorado again. I have a bundle of  friends I'd like you to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but keep it clean. Pious Pete will be monitoring.